Tuesday, March 27, 2012

That Extra Mile


Since past few months I have been through a lot of low patches. Be it flunking in my much ‘yearned’ for MBA entrance exams or be it my lone call from a B-School I was not able to convert. I have tried a lot to find out what went wrong in the first place. After a lot of introspection and musing I think I have demystified the real mystery behind all the failures we experience even after having all the ingredients required to make it large. The first thing which we all need is the guts to dream big. Well I feel most of us do dream big at some point of time but in the end settle for moderate. But real catch is whether we have the guts to just not let us settle for the moderate. Well now when I introspect I find out that yes I had those guts and still do. But then what went wrong??
Well when we dream big. Those big dreams give us happiness. Even the thought of that drive us, motivate us. But I think that is where the tricky situation starts. The trick is that happiness is something that is absolute but with a varying degree. Even if you experience lesser happiness you still are happy. We just forget that it was just a trailer, “Picture toh  baki thi “
We all know that taste of actual success is much sweeter than the smell of it which we do when we dream about it. But the problem is we waste so much time dreaming about it and we get so contented smelling the success that we start losing our killer instinct to follow our dreams and actually taste that success. We get so busy planning what we are going to do after reaching the summit that we forget how steep the actual path is. The mere sight of the tip of the mountain is just not enough if you dream to be at the top of that mountain. So even after having all the skills required to make it to a B-School viz-, ‘Aptitude’ &’Attitude’, I think I missed upon the killer instinct to just walk ‘THAT EXTRA MILE’ from the place where the tip of the mountain was just visible, that mile which makes all the difference. The killer instinct that makes you slog in those final overs or run that final lap harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment